Protect your Tesla Model 3 from scratches and rock chips with 100% genuine carbon fiber mud flaps. No ABS plastic or hydro-dipped "simulated" carbon fiber here!
Installation is simple using the factory mounting point and 3M double-sided tape already placed on the edge of the mud flaps:
- Wash and dry the area behind each wheel where the mud flaps will install
- Wipe the installation area with rubbing alcohol to ensure waxes and silicones from washing are removed
- Using the provided adhesion promoter, wipe all four areas where the 3M tape will be applied. (Wipe all four areas together at once as the applicator pad will dry out if you wipe and install one mud flap at a time)
- Using a small flathead screwdriver, remove the lower wheel well retainer clips (one clip per mud flap)
- Once the adhesion promoter has evaporated, align the hole in the mud flap to the hole for the clip
- Ensure the head of the retainer clip is pulled out when inserting it
- Once the retainer clip is fully inserted, press the head of the clip to lock it in
- Test fit the flap to find its final position then either pull or rotate the mud flap down slightly to remove the tape backing
- Align and press the mud flap into place
- Tape adhesive takes 24-36 hrs to fully cure (avoid washing and high speed driving)
UV from the sun can cause carbon fiber epoxy to become yellow and/or cloudy. The best way to protect your exterior carbon fiber pieces is with a ceramic coating or UV protecting spray. For matte finish carbon fiber, please test your spray on a small area first.